Title: Key Account Manager (Metal Manufacturer) – UK
Location: United Kingdom
Job type: Full time, permanent – hybrid
Company profile: Steel and plastic manufacturing company
Our client is fast-growing, well established manufacturing company operating worldwide. With a strong focus on energy, EV and semiconductor sectors their product is market leader in quality, they have earned a reputation for excellence in their industry. They are operating internationally and this Key Account Manager position is supporting all sales activities in UK, Europe and APAC regions to secure large and global projects and businesses.
This role will be part of a global team developing new business either through global customers or specific large projects within a region.
- To act as a point of contact for new and existing clients
- To build long-lasting beneficial relationships with contacts, always find the right products and solutions which best fit the individual needs of the client
- To develop and nurture client relationships so that they become strategic partners
- Compiling reports, create analysis, market research to support account growth and needs
- To monitor and ensure correct pricing of all projects on a monthly basis.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Product, Sales, Support, and Executives) to complete customer goals
- Be the voice of the customer to provide visibility and/or escalations and maintain strong reference ability across customers.
- Support overall company expectations for growth and profitability
- Degree educated (Mechanical or Electrical engineering, Construction or Business Management)
- Previous experience working within metal and/or plastic manufacturer with industrial product portfolio is a must
- Demonstrable experience in similar role and responsibilities as a consultative sales
- Strong mechanical and technical engineering related product and solution based service sales experience required (ideally metal manufacturing product specialism for data centres)
- Strong negotiation and effective communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft and CRM user, analytical
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Fully eligible to work in the UK (passport and driving license holder) – or alternatively can work from Europe (France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany)
- Own car, the role requires at least 40% travel of your time and bi-weekly, monthly meetings at company’s headquarter in Birmingham, UK
- Competitive salary and bonuses (Basic salary is negotiable depending on experience, OTE is over £75,000 p.a.)
- Excellent benefit package (pension, insurance, healthcare, wellbeing program, car allowance etc.)
- Comprehensive training program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Rewards for services